Consultation and Program Design
Our distinguished faculty and staff will engage you in a continuous discussion to help determine and prioritize your goals for the program and build a schedule that maximizes the time on-site. Together, we can identify the right participants (in terms of level of leadership and roles) and make-up of the class (cross-functional or within teams) for each kind of program. The timeframe and format of the program will depend on what would be ideal for the scope of the topic and schedule of your organization.
There are several models in which the academic section can be displayed. For example:
- Faculty-directed: Programs directed on-site by a faculty member from your institution who delivers the core academic components.
- Hybrid: Your faculty-directed program that also includes an academic piece provided by ADELA in the same location
- 100% on-site based customized Program: We create a program that meets your academic requirements and provides a fully immersive and cultural experience
- Spanish Language-based programs
Learning Methodology and Content
Our faculty, who are experts in their respective fields, run interactive sessions to bring out the most of your learning experience. The sharing of lessons among participants and networking opportunities with thought leaders from different sectors enrich our program content. The selected program faculty team will provide frameworks for rigorous policy analysis and problem-solving, as well as highly customized leadership and management development processes. Their approach is comparative, highlighting international best practices. Examples of potential topics include:
- Community Service and Volunteerism
- Economics of Public Policy Analysis
- Energy and Society
- Environmental Policy Analysis
- Gender & Ethnicity
- Human Rights and Social Movements
- International Education & Interculturality
- Intercultural Communications
- Latin American Literature & Cinema
- Latin America in the International Scene
- Performing Arts
- Policy in the Internet Era
- Public Health
- Public Leadership and Management
- Regional Integration
- Tango: Theory and Practice of its Manifestations
- Visual Art
Each program might be conceived for the classroom to be Buenos Aires city, allowing students to enjoy a holistic experience that transcends the academic and cultural exchange and allows enrichment. We design academic courses with a range of co-curricular cultural activities such as field observation, visits to sites of interest related to the course topics, the possibility of dialoguing with special guests, access to interviews with specialists, among others, providing the student with a genuine added value to the classroom material.
Our programs are delivered at FLACSO – Facultad Latinoamericana de Ciencias Sociales- (Tucuman 1966, Buenos Aires City, Argentina), the right location to reinforce the academic focus. We offer an academic atmosphere and modern facilities. Our faculty can also travel to conduct international programs. Professional interpretation and translation of materials may also be included in the program.
During and after the program, faculty and staff will conduct in-depth program evaluation to determine if program goals have been met or are on target.
ADELA seeks to develop a space for instruction, research, and training in Spanish as a Foreign Language, capturing the strategic importance of Spanish the regional language of development and integration.
Spanish Language In Context
We design language and cultural immersion programs specifically for the lingüistic needs of the group. All programs combine intensive coursework in English as a Second Language and cultural excursions. Classes cover a variety of topics including English language, American Culture and academic skills. Dates are flexible and programs range in length from two weeks to a full semester.
Our customized teacher trainings in Spanish as a Foreign Language are designed to produce the best teachers in primary, secondary and university-level education.